Alleluia!

Alleluia! This is one of those words which expresses so much more than a dictionary definition can cover. Whether people actually use this word or not, I think the feeling invoked by this word surpasses joy or gratitude or excitement. 

Often, in relationship to this word, I think of the reported celebrations surrounding the end of world war 2, or what I imagine was the response of the Israelites after crossing the Red Sea. All my life I have been exposed to celebrations of one kind or other but most are probably not reflective of the term alleluia.

In fact, I would imagine so much of what is that word is actually not the outward expression but an inward feeling that explodes outward because it can no longer be contained. It is the explosion of the potential spiritual energy of a saved soul. That potential energy that is ignited by the atonement of Jesus Christ.

When you realize that sorrow and damnation and eternal darkness has been broken down by the light of Christ. When you understand the importance of the words, "He is risen"! When you grasp the significance of the saving grace of Christ in even the simplest daily activities then the emotions that are expressed through that word thunder forth from a beholden soul. So also t is with singing these words.

So this is how I feel this Easter Sunday. A day to reverence the savior and his atoning sacrifice. But also to reflect on those times that I have seen and felt its effects on my life. And perhaps even to look for those times when maybe I was not aware of the impact of the influence and power of Christ in my heart.

Times when maybe I was too involved in what I was doing or what was happening to me that I did not think to look and see the hand of the savior. And maybe if I try hard enough to know the savior throughout my past life, I may be more aware of moving forward. More aware of Christ in days when all seems well. And not just when the darkness comes, but when I'm smiling and content.

So on this Easter Sunday, I would like to express my gratified and joy toward the savior of this world. By saying and singing Alleluia!

Comments